Saturday, March 5, 2011

Day 50

Thanks girls (and Patrick!) for the comments and support.  Akiko, I feel bad - I should be able to give you pointers and help, rather than the other way around!  Great to have another mummy on board :-)

Molly made a really good point in her recent blog about feeling like a stranger in your own body.  I understand where she's coming from.  I've got visible muscles that I never thought I'd have and far less cellulite - Hooray!  I'm not sure that I feel a stranger so much but honestly I expected to look like I do now at the end of the programme.  But we're only halfway there.  So I'm not sure what the motivation is for the second half.  I know PCP is about more than aesthetics and of course logically there are all sorts of reasons to carry on getting fitter and stronger and better informed, etc., but it's a bit weird to be committing oneself to totally unchartered waters.

Somehow Day 50 seems like more of a landmark than Day 45.  I'll be glad to be on the other side and in to the "5-s".

Hoping very much that time management gets easier.  Baby #2 got very cross with being shoved in his walker to watch Mummy do V-sits and side crunches today.

3 comments:

  1. Taking it past that point when your satisfied with how you look and getting Peaky will make your gains very sustainable. So think of these last 40 days as an investment for years of low body fat and good muscle mass.

    ReplyDelete
  2. HI Sasha, it's great to see all the amazing moms here, on hard days I just look for you guys and remind myself, it's doable!!!! can't imagine being where you are- having the physique you wanted and on to go even further... maybe my inspiration figure is not a dream, after all!!!!

    ReplyDelete