Monday, March 21, 2011

Day 66

First I will confess that I skipped the exercises on Saturday. I chose instead to organize #1 sons birthday party and am pleased I did. I've been getting tired and ratty with the kids again on interrupted sleep so i feel like I owed them a PCP stress free day.

But I was inspired on that same afternoon to stick with the program because I felt so fit and strong running around town (hong kong has a lot of slopes!) that I got loads of stuff done without feeling completely frazzled.

I guess the lesson I am taking from the experience is that moderation and compromise work and beating yourself up with guilt because you can't do absolutely everything all the time is actually not very helpful.

Back on track with all the skipping and exercise Sunday and today. I'm with James that trying to do it at night after a full day with the kids just isn't fun. Will try to skip at lunch tomorrow so the evening sets are manageable. I meant to today but fell asleep at lunch while my sister, who had come to visit, was talking to me - whoops!

2 comments:

  1. Love what you wrote about moderation and compromise....that was for me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This important thing is that you consciously made the choice. Most people don't even realize that they're not choosing body maintenance over all the the other things they can do with their day.

    ReplyDelete