Friday, March 4, 2011

Day 49

Well this hasn't been a great week for me. I've really struggled to stay committed to PCP. I haven't cheated on any food but missed my exercises on Wednesday.

The main problem is lack of sleep. Baby #2 has been settling better but now has a cold and has been needing comforting in the night. I'm not sleeping more than 5 or 6 hours in total and this has been interrupted as frequently as every hour. So I'm tired out already and looking after two babies and then I have PCP hanging over my head the whole time.

I am also very bad at leaving my kids to go and do PCP stuff. I just love them more than I love PCP. So it doesn't feel right for me to fob them off on to someone else while I go and exercise or prep more food.

Finally I am completely sick of having no social life. I don't even share an evening meal with my husband anymore let alone anyone else. I don't see anyone else outside of play dates with the kids and then the only thing I have to talk about when people ask me how I've been is PCP. It's driving me mad.

I like the changes in my body shape and that's the only thing that's kept me going so far but I'm not sure that that is going to be enough in itself to keep me going for another 6 weeks.

4 comments:

  1. I agree. This has been a really tough week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Classic PCP valley feelings. If you can just push through this tough time you will fundamentally change your body and WILL be able to do all those nice things like socializing and having nice meals without much impact on your condition. Just a few more weeks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sasha, I'm Akiko, in the group that just started this week.
    I've already encountered a lot of frustration this week with ONE toddler, so I'm really impressed you've come this far with two babies!
    I guess this phase is like what they (in my case, our pediatrician) tell moms going through a tough new period- "Just remember, this is going to pass, it's not going to be like this forever!"
    Good luck and keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sasha I fully agree with, if you don't get any sleep it is really tough to follow the PCP, with the whooping cough and now Mika being sick I am sooo tired and yesterday I just said it would be soooo nice to have one day off everything, kids, PCP and other duties, just some metime for one day, but I guess until we finish this PCP it will be only wishful thinking. Now we are too far into the program to give up, be strong, close your eyes and the last 5 weeks we will also manage....

    ReplyDelete