Friday, February 11, 2011

Day 28 - can't skip :-(

Been a very hectic couple of days. All four of us in the family have a cold and throat infection. Seems I'm last to pick it up but haven't had much time to think about it as the poor baby has developed croup. Had a scary midnight run to the hospital on weds as he seemed to be having trouble breathing. Luckily he seems to holding up well so far - he's such a trooper - but he gave his mummy and daddy a fright!

....and so I had my first non-PCP craving: on the way back from the hospital I just really wanted a nice hot strong cup of English tea with full fat milk and a spoon of sugar! didn't do it but hardly think it would have been a huge crime after all the worry-adrenaline of the night?!

Been keeping up with the exercises until today. I've been skipping on the soft surface of the kids playground but my left ankle has been getting worse and worse. I tried taping it up before skipping yesterday but couldn't even walk around the house without trainers on by the evening so I prescribed myself a day of ankle rest today. Hope that isn't a huge crime either. still hobbling but hoping to see an improvement tomorrow. if not I will try to substitute swimming for skipping instead.

James and I didn't do our indulgence yet. Thinking about taking the boys out for afternoon tea (I.e. Cake!) tomorrow :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment