Saturday, February 12, 2011

Day 29 - PCP lesson 4: carrot cake probably isn't worth it.

I put up my Day 29 photo on Flickr, so shan't bother to blog it too.

James and I "indulged" today: a piece of carrot cake for afternoon tea.  I was so excited and made sure I sat by myself to savour the experience.  It was yummy on the way in, as James said, but half an hour later I had a bit of a headache and was feeling a bit sick to be honest!  I was also regretting it while I was in the middle of my pull ups.  Overall, it was much less worth it than I thought before I started on PCP.  Good lesson, Patrick!

I skipped and did all the exercises today.  Left ankle still hot to touch and a bit swollen but I think the day off yesterday did it a bit of good.

As for the floor jumps, I'm not sure that I shall ever start a love affair with them but each one takes me closer to where I want to be in terms of fitness and achievement, so that's what I tell myself while my legs are on fire.

I was going to take a moment to celebrate being a month in to PCP already but have a feeling that the next few weeks are going to be a whole new experience all over again, so shall just look forward to learning a few more PCP lessons along the way.

3 comments:

  1. I felt the same way after my indulgence of cheesecake....icky!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your brain has been successfully rewired. Natural sweetness of fruit will please it more than manufactured sweetness of cakes and pies.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are amazing Sasha, considering you just had a little baby. You look fantastic, hopefully I will get there one day as well....

    ReplyDelete